The Laker Anchor

Spring Lake High School's student-staffed publication

The Laker Anchor

The Laker Anchor

Seniors Dont Know How to Act - Graduation
Seniors Don't Know How to Act - Graduation
Lily Zuelke, Reporter • May 8, 2023

Primary Election Results

Primary Election Results

Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Donald Trump decisively won the Michigan presidential primary elections that took place on Feb. 27. 

In Ottawa County, Joe Biden, the incumbent, received 12,482 votes, which translates to 82.6 percent of votes on the Democratic ballot. On the Republican ballot, Donald Trump received 28,694 of votes, for 60.9 percent. 

Based on the result, they will most likely appear back on the ballot in November for the General Election. 

Although the presidential nominees were the focus of this past election, the county also voted on other initiatives and referendums proposed by residents. The results are below: 

• The Allendale Public Schools Operating Millage Renewal Proposal passed with a majority of 69.7 percent. 
  • The Park Township Local Street Repair and Maintenance Millage Renewal and Increase passed with a majority of 66.2 percent. 
  • The Spring Lake Township Zoning Map Amendment Ordinance Proposition failed with a 75.4 percent “no” vote. 
  • The Wright Township Fire Protection Millage Proposal passed with a majority of 60.7 percent.