Is God Your First Priority?

Is God Your First Priority?

Logan Ross, Reporter

How do you show your faith in God to others? As you may already know, there is a club that is all about growing your faith in God. This is the First Priority club, which meets every Thursday. First Priority is held in Mrs. Jenkins’ room during first lunch, and Mrs. Guttierez’ room during second lunch. First Priority is important and meaningful to lots of different people. Bailey Quiney was the person who started the First Priority club this year. Bailey is very dedicated to getting different people to come and get to know the love of God. First Priority is very important and meaningful to Bailey and the people who are involved. If you ever feel that your faith is not your own, First Priority is a good way to start making you feel more in control of your faith. Every week brings a new way to grow deeper in your faith. When asked why First Priority is important to her, Bailey said: “I wanted to have something where Christians could go and not feel so alone, especially where our world is at and being at a public school. It can be tough, and I sure was feeling that. Mrs. Guttierez and I remembered that First Priority would be a great idea instead of having to go through getting rights on our own and whatnot, especially since it had been in the school before. So far, it has been going great and we are growing each week!” Thanks to the Equal Access Act of 1984, First Priority is able to meet every single Thursday! The Equal Access Act of 1984 prohibits schools that let non-school-sponsored groups of students to meet from discriminating against religious-based groups from meeting. But this is only if the meeting is voluntary and student initiated, there is no government sponsorship, and no unlawful activity permitted. Madi Boerger said, “My favorite thing about First Priority is the sense of community it provides and the way it brings so many people together!” Matthew 18:20 says “The Holy Spirit is present when believers gather together.”