Spring Lake Hosts 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Amaya Wiseman, Reporter

Saturday, April 16th, 2022 marked the Village of Spring Lakes’ second annual “Great Village Easter Egg Hunt”, sponsored by the Hendrickson Insurance Agency and others. Organized by the Village of Spring Lake, thousands of easter eggs, donated by local businesses, were hidden around downtown Spring Lake.

Stephanie Herder, a 2002 Spring Lake High School graduate and Director of the Downtown Development Authority, was the brains behind the magic when she thought of the idea of putting together a non-traditional egg hunt. Like many, she found traditional egg hunts with thousands of eggs in a field stressful and, as she puts it, “ kind of traumatizing” for young kids. While working for the Grand Haven Visitors Bureau, Stephnie and her coworkers organized the first non-traditional egg hunt. Instead of hiding eggs in a big open field, eggs were hidden in more of a scavenger hunt fashion. This allowed people of all ages to experience the EGGcitment of Easter.

Ranging from Spring Lake to Grand Haven, just under 100 businesses donated candy and prizes to sponsor the hunt. Ryan Hendrickson, the owner of the Hendrickson Farm Bureau Insurance Agency and title sponsor, said that he wanted to sponsor this event because “I love Spring Lake and anything that brings families to our village”.

The Great Village Easter Egg Hunt was a huge success with families coming from Spring Lake and its surrounding areas to experience the new and improved Easter egg hunt.