Boys Volleyball Kicks Off Season

Ally Amaya, Reporter

The Spring Lake High School Boys Volleyball team is a new activity and is a competitive league. Games are open gyms. The practices can happen almost all Sundays from around 4 to 5:30 P.M. Occasionally the practices can change days or times. The practices can happen at the Spring Lake gym or the Middle School gym. Spring Lake Boys Volleyball allows 9-12 graders who are welcome to participate in a fast, challenging, and fun sport for any guy who is interested in it. Back in April 2021. The Spring Lake Boys Volleyball had their first-ever game against Reeths Puffer and West Ottawa. They lost both games but their coaches Mrs. Bulthuis and Brian Sabo know with a little bit more practice they will improve on their next game.

Mrs. Love posted on Schoology about boys interested in playing volleyball this spring. There was a sign-up meeting Friday, February 18, during the last 10 minutes of the first and second lunches. The meeting was held in the office conference room.

There was a scrimmage held at the Spring Lake High School against Mona Shores, Allendale, and Fruitport on March 29th. On April 20th, 2022. The Spring Lake Boys Volleyball team had another match on Wednesday. The Boys’ Volleyball match was a home game that began at 6:00. The team is still looking for some good men that are willing to play for this spring season. This year’s team seniors are Maxwell Baker, Evan McDermott, Porter Saunders, Hunter Throop, Travis Throop, Robert Tuck, and Samuel VanderHeide.